Sunday, July 27, 2014

10 Small Poems

While digging through a box of old writing notebooks, I found 10 poems that I had written for a beat poetry class in 2005. Enjoy :)

1:
Sun eats holes in the gloomy blue-grey
Branches slap the bus as it passes
My angel stirs in her sleep and awakes
We chat and game with words
Sun forces open the clouds
Air above us brightens
Time before us stops
Bus below us rattles
Other lives behind us move on

2:
They drop like big eggs
Scream
Death falling from above
Erases families

3:
Kingdoms fall apart
Go!
Journeys always end
Leave!
Time crumbles all things

4:
Next to the griddle
On bar stools, we watch him cook
Sizzling pancakes

5:
Oily snowflakes fall
Little blizzard from my head
Must buy new shampoo

6:
Sordid club music
Chant
Repulsive pop worship
Blood beats like hot drums

7:
Duct taped lunch box
Silver, logo smeared
Holds melted ice packs

8.
All lights are shut off
Blanket of silence settles
Over the whole house

9.
Give greetings to him
Pessimist extraordinaire
Add zest, Lone Lemon

10:
Next to the bus stop
I like to feed little goats
My old bus tickets


No comments:

Post a Comment